LNS Challenge #15 - Bollywood Bouquet


I made this card today for a challenge on one of my Yahoo groups - Late Night Stampers. All challenge items must be made with only current Stampin' Up! product - a challenge indeed for me, as I like to use a little bit of everything on my cards and pages.


The theme for this challenge was "3D flowers". I went through my stash and pulled out the first flower set that caught my eye - True Friend. I seem to be inspired by India lately and the dotted style of this set reminded me of mehndi - Indian henna tattoos. I went with the Indian inspiration and used some of the spicy In Color hues for the card.


My embellishment is a narrow piece of Pacific Point CS, which I stamped in Versamark with one of the flowers from the set. I heat set the ink, then wet the paper and crumpled it up. I smoothed it back out a bit and scrunched it into the shape I wanted before attaching it to the card. I also did some needle-punching to carry through the dot motif.


It's definitely not my normal style (according to DH), but that's why I love doing challenges - they stretch my imagination and make me think outside the box. (There's just so much more room out here!) Hope you like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment